|FamHost Acceptable Use Policy|
|Net Abuse is defined as a committed abuse against an Internet, Intranet, or Network based computer system or service. This document sets forth FamHost's ("FamHost") Network Abuse Policy ("Policy") and supersedes any other written or oral policy. FamHost may modify this Policy as reasonably required. The provisions of this Policy are intended as guidelines and are not meant to be in-depth. Any activity or conduct that violates law, regulations or may harm FamHost's equipment, reputation, goodwill or customer relations, whether or not expressly mentioned in this Policy, is strictly prohibited. FamHost reserves the right at all times to revise its Net Abuse Policy and to take any appropriate actions to address violations of this Policy as outlined.|
|System And Network Security|
|It is FamHost's goal to secure, protect, and preserve the
personal privacy and data stored on or over it's
servers and networks. This "implied agreement" between FamHost and its'
customers includes the forgoing:
1. Customers may not tamper with other customer accounts, commit unauthorized intrusion into any part of FamHost's network or systems, or use any of FamHost's equipment, files, accounts, or systems to intrude into any other network.
2. Customers may not use FamHost services not included in Customer's account, nor circumvent security (or assist others to circumvent security), in order to access services for which that person accessing those services has not entered into a binding agreement with FamHost. This includes, and is not limited to, the scanning of FamHost or other networks with intent to breach and/or evaluate its' network security.
3. Customers may not use FamHost's network or systems in a manner that overloads disk space, processors , or other system resources beyond those allowed by Customer's specific type of account. Customers may not make deliberate attempts to interfere with a service, overload of a service, or attempt to disable a host.
4. The use or attempted use of Internet services or systems without authorization is strictly prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, password cracking, defrauding others into releasing their passwords, denial-of-service attacks (sending packets with an illegal packet size, UDP flooding, ping-flooding, half-open TCP connection flooding, etc.). Additionally, Customers may not use programs, scripts, commands, or otherwise send messages with the intent to interfere with any Customer's terminal session.
|Unlawful, Harmful or Offensive Communications|
|It is a violation of this policy for Customers knowingly to use the equipment or services of FamHost, including any of FamHost's Internet accesses, web site hosting and/or web site design services, to create, transmit, post or otherwise make available through the Internet any material that is unlawful, abusive or harmful to FamHost's equipment, customers, goodwill or reputation. Communications prohibited by this Policy include, but are not limited to, materials that infringe upon copyright, trademark or other intellectual property, obscenity, indecency, child pornography, and any form of defamatory communications. FamHost utilizes public and private security means to ensure that any information or data transmitted to and from this system is secured. This computer system, including all related equipment, networks, and network devices (includes internet access) are provided for authorized use only. Customers and/or Clients engaged in conducting business with FamHost constitutes authorized use. This computer system is monitored for all lawful purposes, including to ensure your access is authorized, for management of the system, to facilitate protection against unauthorized access, and to verify security procedures and operations. Monitoring includes, and is not limited to, active tracing to verify authorization to our systems. During monitoring, information may be examined, recorded, copied, and used for authorized purposes. All information, including personal information, placed on or sent over this system, may be monitored. Use of this system, authorized or unauthorized, constitutes consent to monitoring. Unauthorized use of this computer system will subject you to criminal prosecution. Evidence of unauthorized use collected during monitoring will be used for administrative, criminal, or other adverse actions. Use of this system constitutes consent to monitoring for all lawful purposes.|
|Technical Standards for E-mail Delivery
The following technical requirements apply to the delivery of Internet e-mail through FamHost's e-mail system.
· FamHost's servers will not accept connections from unsecured systems. These include open relays, open proxies, open routers, or any other system that has been determined to be available for unauthorized use.
· FamHost's mail servers may not accept connections from systems that use dynamically assigned or residential IP addresses that have been determined to be sources of spam or viruses.
· FamHost will not deliver e-mail that contains a hex-encoded Universal Resource Locator (URL). (Ex: http://%6d%6e%3f/)
· FamHost's mail servers will reject connections from any IP address that does not have reverse DNS (a PTR record).
· FamHost may reject connections from servers whose recipient lists consistently generate a higher than 10% bounce failure rate. (i.e. over 10% of a sender's mailing list is destined for users that do not exist on our system)
· FamHost may reject connections from senders who are unable to accept at least 90% of the bounce-return messages (mailer-daemon failure/error messages) destined for their systems.
· Complaints submitted by FamHost members will be used as a basis for refusing connections from any mail server.
· FamHost may provide daily communications to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org (or @IP.address if no reverse-DNS or PTR records are present) to senders who may be in violation of FamHost's guidelines.
· MGMT TV, Inc. ("FamHost") does not authorize the use of its proprietary computers and computer network ("the FamHost Network") to accept, transmit or distribute unsolicited bulk e-mail sent from the Internet to FamHost members.
Please Note: FamHost uses member feedback to assist in the identification of the
sources of Unsolicited Bulk E-mail along with Global Information Systems.
1. Customers' may not send unsolicited commercial e-mail to any other FamHost customer account that has not specifically requested such information or that causes complaints from the recipients of such unsolicited e-mail. FamHost e-mail services may not be used to send unsolicited e-mail or advertising messages to any other person(s) or any other server system(s) world wide. Customers may not flood or spam any newsgroups with commercial or non-commercial postings.
2. Any use of FamHost property for the composition, distribution, or collection of bulk e-mail, abusive e-mail, or any form of unsolicited, commercial e-mail is strictly prohibited. FamHost prohibits the transmission or retransmission of e-mail to non-consenting recipients that is harassing, libelous, defamatory, threatening, abusive or hateful.
3. The forwarding or propagation of chain letters of any type (including charity requests or petitions for signatures) is prohibited.
4. "Mail-bombing" (i.e. flooding a Customer site with large or
numerous e-mail messages) is strictly prohibited. Customers may not alter or
forge header information.
|FamHost's enforcement procedure is to deal with each net abuse case on an individual basis. Based on an investigation and a determination of the nature and severity of the abuse, FamHost may take immediate action, without prior notice, against any party or parties found in violation of this policy. Such action may include, but is not limited to, blocking of access to particular websites, newsgroups or other system service(s) found to violate this Network Abuse Policy, and/or termination of Customer's service with FamHost.|
|FamHost and the names of FamHost products referenced on this Web Site are either trademarks, service marks, or registered trademarks or service marks of MGMT TV, Incorporated. Other products and/or companies, mentioned on this Web Site, are either trademarks or service marks of their respective owners.|
|Links to other Web Sites|
|Links available on this Web Site are not necessarily under our direct control. MGMT TV, Inc. provides these links to you as a convenience and MGMT TV, Inc. will not be held responsible for Web Sites that are not within our direct control.|
|Customer agrees that it will assist FamHost with appropriate action(s) against person(s) whom violate FamHost's Network Abuse Policy. Customer further agrees that it will cooperate fully with FamHost in any actions taken by FamHost to enforce this Network Abuse Policy.|
© 2001-2008 FamHost